Episode 29: How to Prepare Financially for the Death of a Spouse
Oct 22, 2021
Nobody wants to think about their spouse passing. But, putting a plan in place financially for this scenario is one way to ensure that your spouse will be taken care, and maintain financial independence…should something happen to you. Listen in as Patrick discusses how to prepare financially for the death of a spouse.
Here are just a handful of the things that we'll discuss:
- Do you AND your spouse have a budget that details all of your income and expenses?
- How will these change upon the passing of your spouse?
- Are all of your legal documents up to date?
- When does life insurance make sense to consider?
- How can you qualify for state or federal assistance with any care needed?
- What about gifting?
- How does the death of a spouse who owned a business play into these considerations?
Get your complimentary copy of LFG Budget Form
The booklet is provided for informational purposes and is publicly available. AEWM and Landing Financial Group are not affiliated or endorsed by the IRS.